Subject: Re: Picasso II blues
From: [email-masked] (Mike Harlock)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 95 05:01:18

Hi Bryan,

> >Hi, all.  This ones a BIT off topic.  I just got may Picasso II, and I
> >can't get the danm thing to wokr.  I have an old A2000 and 1084S monitor,
> >thecable to convert the Amiga RGB into VGA(into the Picasso) and the cable
> >from the Picasso VGA out to the 1084S RGB in.  In Amiga mode, I get red
> >bars rolling down the screen, and green bars going up in Picasso mode. 
> >Any ideas?  The monitor driver's set to a max. of 15KHz for the 1084 (I
> >can't afford a multiscan for a bit yet...)  Even the Amiga res. stuff is
> >meessed up.  I REALLY want LightWave running on the Picasso (see, this
> >really IS a LW post!)  Any ideas anyone?
> >
> Pardon me if I'm wrong but, I thought you HAD to use a SVGA type monitor
> with the PicassoII.
> BTW there is a Picasso II mailing list somewhere. Anyone know the address?

It is possible to use a Picasso in 15khz, but really, what's the point?

Why did you buy a picasso if you can't afford a decent monitor?  I would
have gotten a good 15khz+ multiscan first, and then worked on the card.
that way you can use the new monitor in 2000 15khz res, and have a useful
product while you save for the card.  When I buy stuff, I always try to be
aware of the total cost involved...I don't skimp when it comes time to
buy it.

remember...if you really can't afford it...you probably don't need it.

---Mike

--
[email-masked] (Mike Harlock) sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]